Sunday, August 24, 2014

Just Batty

Measure width and height of stitched piece.  Add how much linen you want to show on all four sides...isn't math the pits!  I added 1/8th inch to all sides.  Cut two pieces of chipboard and cover one side of each with low loft batting.

One piece is covered with the stitching....other with Halloween fabric.


Add twisted cord hanger and sew the two pieces together...catch fabric not chipboard.

The ribbon I used came from the scrapbook section of Hobby Lobby.  You will need pins and beads to secure the loops.


Play with your ribbon to see how far apart your pins need to be...each ribbon is a little different.  Mine were about 3/4inch with 1/4 inch between each loop.  


I started at the center bottom and worked my way around. Tie ends off...clip ends at an angle and secure with a pin.  How easy and cute.

Lizzie*Kates new patterns are super cute....do you have a favorite?

3 comments:

  1. Looks great. Thank you for another wonderful tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to have found your blog! I'm putting you in my Feedly reader right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! I saw your work on the Mill Hill Bead Kits in the shop and loved it! I'm not close enough for classes so I've been looking at your mail order kits. So glad to find this too!

    ReplyDelete

The Pocket

Next comes the pocket....remember  your pocket can be any shape you want.  What we did is just a suggestion. Look at the template and you ...