Pinking Shears/Rotary Cutter
1. Measure finished stitching...add 3/8 inch to width and length. Use these measurements to cut a piece of chipboard.
2. Center Stitching over the chipboard...you can use some straight pins to keep in centered.
3. Wrap the extra side fabric to the center back of the chipboard. You want it to match up in the center of the back. Trim excess fabric. The ends can be join with needle and thread using a whip stitch or glue.
4. Top will be folded to the back. I like to cut some of the fullness out of the back fabric so it will lay flatter. Again whip stitch or glue to back.
5. Decide how long you want your fringe to be...mine was 1/2 inch. Use the bottom edge of the chipboard to be your signal as to where to stop fringing....you want the same about of fabric at the top and bottom of the piece.
6. Place your fringed ornament on top of the felt. Decide how much felt you want to show and trim the edges. You can glue the stitching to the felt or ship stitch it with matching thread.
7. Hanger is made with two color twisted cord. Knot and fringe cut ends...again glue or stitch in place.
WOW...you did it....only eleven more to go.
The plan is to blog a set of finishing directions every couple of weeks.